Office Operations Assistant - Medical Office
- Moss Point, Mississippi
- Physician Support
Job DescriptionWe Are Hiring
Ascension Providence is Mobile’s only A Rated Leapfrog Hospital and Mobile’s only CMS four-star hospital!
We believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. We strongly support a work-life balance and you will benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, and training.
Ascension Providence is looking for an Office Operations Assistant to join our team at in Moss Point, MS!
- Medical Office Experience, with at least, 1 year Medical Office experience preferred
- Weekly rotating shift: M-F 7a-4p and 8a-5p
- New Grads are welcome to apply!
What You Will Do
Work in a customer service capacity providing administrative and clerical support to patients and customers in a medical setting.
- Greet patients and visitors, check patients in and out, and obtain necessary documentation.
- Verify and enter demographic information.
- Obtain and verify insurance authorizations/precertification.
- Complete medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
- Enter, review and submitscharges for patient procedures and services daily.
- Collect co-payments and reconcile all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
- Provide general office and clerical support to assigned area.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Providence, based in Mobile, Alabama, offers rewarding careers at our full service, 349-bed medical/surgical facility. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with Ascension Providence today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Providence Health System is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.